Association of NIFT Alumni
Despite being divided between disparate years, courses, cities we are bound by the legacy of our Alma Mater, NIFT. The Association of NIFT Alumni has been formed for us to reconnect and network on a common platform, rekindle old memories, celebrate achievements, share our collective wisdom, and revitalize the NIFT-Alumni-Industry-Government linkages.
- To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni and the present students of the NIFT and amongst the Alumni themselves.
- To encourage the Alumni to take an active interest in the work and progress of NIFT so as to contribute towards enhancement of the HRD benefits of their Alma Mater.
- To organise and establish scholarship funds to help the needy and deserving students.
- To interact closely with the industry and NIFT in order to make NIFT education responsive towards industry needs and technological advances.
- To interact with industry associations such as CMAI, AEPC as well as the government, and government institutions with the purpose of beneficially impacting the industry at large
- To institute prizes and awards for outstanding project work, research papers or other professional activity by the students of the Institute, also to suitably recognize outstanding social and community service by the Alumni and the students.
- To undertake or organise activities of a civic, charitable or promotional nature.
- To do all such other lawful things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above objectives and/or beneficial to the interests of the Institute and its Alumni.
- To create, open, guide, organise and recognise local chapters of alumni in various cities of India and outside of India across various geographical locations as Chartered Alumni Chapters.
STRUCTURE & FUNCTIONING
The Association of NIFT Alumni is an all-India society with its registered address at F-40/8 Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019, India. It operates as a member-driven organisation. a. It is envisaged that NIFTA Chartered Chapters shall be formed in various locations around India (and outside India, as and when it is feasible and permitted). These Chapters shall typically be formed where there are significant concentrations of Registered Members, to allow for locally-relevant activities to be organised.
The organisation currently is powered by the volunteer effort of its members, and it is envisaged that a full-time secretariat may be established once the resources allow.
Membership of the Association is of two types currently:
- Registered Members
- Associated Members
Registered Membership of the Association shall be open to all the Alumni (ex-students) of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), who were admitted to NIFT through an NIFT’s All-India Entrance Examination to any of the full-time regular undergraduate or postgraduate programmes including B. Des. (Bachelor of Design), M. Des. (Master of Design), B. F. Tech. (Bachelor of Fashion Technology), M. F. Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology) and M. F. M. (Master of Fashion Management) including programmes named Fashion Design (FD), Accessory Design (AD), Apparel Merchandising and Marketing Management (AMMM), Garment Manufacturing Technology (GMT), Textile Design and Development (TDD), Knitwear Design and Technology (KDT), Leather Apparel Design and Technology (LADT) and Fashion Communication (FC) which include the nomenclature presently in use for aforementioned courses viz. Department of Fashion Technology (DFT), Fashion Management Studies (FMS), Fashion & Apparel (F&A), Fashion & Textiles (F&T), Fashion & Lifestyle Accessories (F&LA), PG Design and received the requisite qualification after completing all mandatory requirements of the programme.
The Executive Council may admit as Associated Membership of the Association for such periods as the Council may decide, those ex-students of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), who have any time completed any of the NIFT’s Continuing Education programmes or Certificate courses or such programme of duration of 6 months or more (excluding correspondence courses, distance education programmes or online education programmes or any of the programmes not involving regular classroom education in any of the NIFT Campus). The members admitted as Associated Members shall be entitled to such rights and privileges as the Executive Council may decide from time to time. However, notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in these Rules or Memorandum of Association, Associated Members shall not have any voting rights.
The Association has the absolute right to determine the admission of any person to its membership. It may in its absolute discretion accept or reject any application for membership and the reasons for such refusal/rejection shall be communicated to the applicant.